Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Food Journal 11/9

Here's what I ate on Tuesday the 9th:



Breakfast: protein pancakes with 1/2 banana & sliced almonds


Snack: apple, 2 egg whites


Lunch: Tuna Lettuce Wraps (see recipe below)


Snack: 2 Tb PB & 1/2 cup Blackberries


Dinner: Curried Chicken Burgers on Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin with Avocado, and Honey Roasted Red Potatoes (recipes coming soon)



That's 4 proteins, 3 veggies, 2 fruits, 2 grains, 2 fat (I have a hard time only getting one). Strive for 4, 3, 2, 2, 1!! Read this post if you don't know what I'm talking about.




Tuna Lettuce Wraps

Romaine lettuce hearts (I get mine from costco, such a good price)
1 can albacore chunk tuna
1 Tb lemon juice
2 Tbs Plain greek yogurt (the NO ADDED SUGAR kind...be careful)
2 Celery ribs chopped
2 green onions, chopped (I usually use a red onion, but didn't have one)
Course Ground Pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste
pinch of garlic salt

This will make enough for 6 wraps.. 3 wraps is 1 serving. So you get two lunches out of this!!!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Sounds pretty good! Can you get greek yogurt anywhere?

Jamie said...

yes, and I buy the yoplait fat free greek yogurt