Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thought you'd like to know about the end of my love affair

Dear Sugar,

I’m breaking up with you. I discovered what you’ve been doing behind my back (and butt, and thighs and stomach, and even my face). How dare you sneak up on me like that. We’ve been together for soooo long. Since I was a little child. You were so sweet. You were always there for me. I always knew where to find you. Every time I had a hard day, I thought I deserved you. Every time I got together with family and friends, you were there. Well I’m fed up with you…literally…you’ve made me physically sick. I will no longer call you my lover, or friend…. maybe I’ll keep you just as an acquaintance.
Now that I’m no longer addicted to you, I’ve realized how strong I really am. I haven’t needed you, you only made me believe I did.
Guess what else…..I’ve found someone new. He’s just as sweet. But he’s pure and natural. And he’s as cute as a teddy bear! (I call him honey!)
Farewell and goodbye,

Jamie


Did you know that in the last 20 years, the US has increased its sugar consumption from 26 lbs to 135 lbs per person per year. Prior to the turn of this century (1887-1890), the average consumption was 5 lbs per person per year.
I also found all the below information about what sugar can do to you. Here is where I got the information. Read it, it’s interesting. But when you get to the part about honey…read this after. I don’t want to break up with honey yet, we just met. I will, however, keep our courtship at a slow pace. Do you want to break up with sugar too? I'm here to support you if you do. I can't believe Sugar has been so decieving......the bastard....(sorry....I hope that doesn't offend anyone, but I'm angry, and I really like to say that word, I like to use it when I'm mad, and I am)

Think Sugar's your friend....think again:

• Sugar can suppress the immune system.
• Sugar can upset the body's mineral balance.
• Sugar can contribute to hyperactivity, anxiety, depression, concentration difficulties, and crankiness in children.
• Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.
• Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.
• Sugar can reduce helpful high density cholesterol (HDLs).
• Sugar can promote an elevation of harmful cholesterol (LDLs).
• Sugar can cause hypoglycemia.
• Sugar contributes to a weakened defense against bacterial infection.
• Sugar can cause kidney damage.
• Sugar can increase the risk of coronary heart disease.
• Sugar may lead to chromium deficiency.
• Sugar can cause copper deficiency.
• Sugar interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
• Sugar can increase fasting levels of blood glucose.
• Sugar can promote tooth decay.
• Sugar can produce an acidic stomach.
• Sugar can raise adrenaline levels in children.
• Sugar can lead to periodontal disease.
• Sugar can speed the aging process, causing wrinkles and grey hair.
• Sugar can increase total cholesterol.
• Sugar can contribute to weight gain and obesity.
• High intake of sugar increases the risk of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
• Sugar can contribute to diabetes.
• Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.
• Sugar can cause a decrease in insulin sensitivity.
• Sugar leads to decreased glucose tolerance.
• Sugar can cause cardiovascular disease.
• Sugar can increase systolic blood pressure.
• Sugar causes food allergies.
• Sugar can cause free radical formation in the bloodstream.
• Sugar can cause toxemia during pregnancy.
• Sugar can contribute to eczema in children.
• Sugar can overstress the pancreas, causing damage.
• Sugar can cause atherosclerosis.
• Sugar can compromise the lining of the capillaries.
• Sugar can cause liver cells to divide, increasing the size of the liver.
• Sugar can increase the amount of fat in the liver.
• Sugar can increase kidney size and produce pathological changes in the kidney.
• Sugar can cause depression.
• Sugar can increase the body's fluid retention.
• Sugar can cause hormonal imbalance.
• Sugar can cause hypertension.
• Sugar can cause headaches, including migraines.
• Sugar can cause an increase in delta, alpha and theta brain waves, which can alter the mind's ability to think clearly.
• Sugar can increase blood platelet adhesiveness which increases risk of blood clots and strokes.
• Sugar can increase insulin responses in those consuming high-sugar diets compared to low sugar diets.
• Sugar increases bacterial fermentation in the colon.

The source for that information is found at http://www.nancyappleton.com/.
I have a feeling I'm really gonna like this website. She wrote this post. Oh man, I have a feeling I might be doing another post like the milk one. Except on sugar. Sugar companies are paying for campaigns people. Also, sugar drink companies (think coke and pepsi) PAY to have there machines in public schools. What is this world coming too? GET EDUCATED PEOPLE. Sugar is NOT our friend. BREAK FREE!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

haha, Kent just told me his middle school got rid of their soda machines because soda is bad and also they're not allowed to sell soda in the school apparently.. Well they decided they were losing too much money by not selling soda, so they started selling it again outside the main doors to the school (since it's not allowed INSIDE the school)..