Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nummy Soup Recipe



I found this in a magazine a long time ago, our fam loves it!


It's called "Jill" Soup. I can't remember anything more than that!
2 TB olive oil
1 med onion
2 ribs celery, chopped (I use more)
4 ripe tomatoes in chunks
1 tsp sea salt
6 cups chicken broth (or water-I use 4 cups broth, 2 cups water)
3 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (or cook your own beans which is even better)
2 cloves garlic, sliced (or minced)
1/4 cup parsley chopped (optional, I never have it on hand)
Serve with Parmesan cheese

1. Heat oil in pot over med-high heat. Add onion and celery, saute for 5 or 6 min. Add tomatoes and salt, saute 3 min.
2. Add broth/water, beans, garlic and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 min. Add parsley last five minutes.
3. Serve with parmesan cheese.

No comments: