Monday, November 15, 2010

Curried Chicken Burgers



I got this recipe from my cute sister-in-law! They were so good, and my kids loved them too! This is also a great recipe to play around with and add your own ideas. For example, if I would've had spinach on hand, I would've chopped it up with the chicken.

Curried Chicken Burgers

1- 1 1/4 lbs chicken breast (3-4 chicken breasts)
1 large egg
1/2 teas garlic powder
1/2 teas salt
1/2 teas ground black pepper
1/2 teas curry powder

1 avocado, sliced

1/2 cup mayo (can subsitute with greek yogurt)
1/2 Tbs grated fresh ginger
1 Tbs chopped chives

1. In a large bowl whisk egg, garlic pwd, salt, pepper, and curry.

2. In food processor, pulse chicken, about 10 seconds. Scrape sides and pulse again if any large pieces remain. Add to egg mixture.

3. Form 4 loose patties. Use spatula and carefully place on grill. Cook 4-5 minutes on both sides.

4. Combine mayo, ginger, and chives in small bowl.

Serve on buns, bread, or my favorite whole wheat Orowheat Sandwich thins!

No comments: