Monday, November 8, 2010

Sand dollar apples

I love fall, and I love apples. In Pennsylvania we used to go to this huge farm called Strawberry Acres. I think it was magical. It felt that way anyway. We would go on a hayride to the apple orchard and pick our own apples. There is nothing to get you in the fall mood like apple picking! Sometimes I miss Pennsylvania so much it hurts.
I made this little snack the other day. I baked a whole bunch of them. I was letting them cool, and I went to go try them, and this was what was left. Seriousy, 1 & 3/4 (my kids found them, and apparently loved them)





Sand Dollar Apples


Granny Smith Apples
Cinnamon
Sugar (optional-I baked mine without)


Slice thin slices through the middle, so the star appears, remove any seeds, and Bake at 200 degrees for 3-4 hours. Bake longer for a more crisp apple, and less time for a more chewy apple.

1 comment:

Tamara Jacobs said...

hi jamie,
so i have to tell you i am LOVING this blog so much.
i get so excited for each post.
i am so done with crap foods!
i tried your oatmeal cereal and LOVE it!!!
thanks!