Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hot Citrus Apple Cider




I am a Fall hot drink lover. Hot Cocoa, Caramel Apple Cider from Starbucks, you name it, I love it. Well, this year I have searched and searched and searched for a sugar-free, no preservative, no weird ingredients hot fall drink, and I have failed to find one. I seriously can't believe it. So...I had an epiphany. Create my own! This recipe does require a juicer. I bought mine from Costco in the spring, and it has been a great investment. It's a Breville Juice Fountain JE900. My husbands words after he tried it...."That's Incredible!" Enjoy this all-natural Hot Citrus Apple Cider recipe, and enjoy the fall! (or winter...for those of you who live in colder climates)




HOT CITRUS APPLE CIDER

8 apples, juiced (whole, don't peel or anything)
4 oranges, juiced (skin removed)
2-3 cinnamon sticks
1/4 teas nutmeg
1/4 teas ground cloves

Combine in crockpot on low. Can simmer 2 hours, or all day. Keep lid open for wonderful aroma!


No comments: