Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Food Journal 10/26/10

Laura suggested I post what I ate for a day. I love the idea. I think I'll do this once a week. I try to write down what I eat everyday. At least Monday through Friday. I keep all my pages in a binder, and I love it because when I get in a rut and all of a sudden can't think of any meal options, I scan through my journal, and remember how endless my options are.

Food Journal for Wed, October 26th


Breakfast: Oatmeal cereal (i'll post our recipe later, my hubby created it) with Almond milk

Snack: plum, 2 egg whites (i do not like yolks)

Lunch: Big salad with cucumbers, onions, turkey breast, 2 Tbs of balsamic dressing.

Snack: 1 Tb Organic PB with blackberries (my favorite snack)

Dinner: Whole wheat quesadilla (another hubby recipe). We make 2 full ones, and me, husband, and 2 kids each have a half. Consists of black beans, turkey, green chilies, about 1 oz of cheese (per serving). Also had broccoli.


That was 4 proteins, 3 servings of vegetables, 2 fruits, 2 whole grains, and 2 fats (try to only have 1 fat)


Also, I created a food journal template that looks like this:


If you would like me to email you the document, let me know. Because it is proven you will be more successful eating better and staying on track if you write down what you eat. It helps me remember what else I need to fit in!

5 comments:

Brittney said...

How do you buy and prepare your turkey? Usually chicken is my go-to meat.

Oh, and my peanut butter has sugar in it!! Thanks for telling me.. I had no idea!

Brittney said...

p.s. you have super cute handwriting

p.p.s. I would love to see more of your sample meals - especially dinner meals... to see if you know of some healthy meals that would appeal to Kent... since he's sometimes anti-healthy food because he thinks he'll lose weight. crazy man.

laura said...

this is great - thanks jamie! i'm looking forward to getting some of your recipes. especially the oatmeal. i'm an oatmeal-fanatic. i also would have never paired blackberries and pb together...i'll have to try it.

p.s. - are you going to do a post on exercise? i noticed a section for "workout" on your document.

Kenny and Liz said...

Loving your blog... didn't know you were so into this, it's great!! Keep it coming!

Unknown said...

Jamie,
I a newbie would love to get your journal can you send it to me?