Saturday, January 8, 2011

Food Journal for 1/7 & I'm feelin a bit chatty!

It's so great to be back in a routine!!
I was going to post my Tuesday food journal, but that was a bad day for me. Not a bad eating day, like a lock-all-3-sets-of-car-keys-in-the-car bad day. Luckily I was at Golds gym working out when it happened so my buddy cops who were also working out at the time saved me! Thank you for learning how to break into cars!
(I learned some cool tricks, too!)
Needless to say, that night I missed dinner...and I decided to do a food journal post another day!
So here we are. And I'm not sure if anyone really even cares when I post my food journal. But, it helps me, so I'll keep doing it!

What I ate on January 7th:

Breakfast: Oatmeal cereal: 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats, raisins, sliced almonds, 1/2 banana, cinnamon, with almond milk

Snack: 3 boiled egg whites and a handful of extra dark chocolate chips!

Lunch: SUPER HUGE Salad. MY FAVE! Topped it with sliced grilled chicken, blackberries, sliced almonds, craisins, sliced string cheese, and pistachios. Mmmm....it was my best one yet!

Snack: Protein Shake. 1/2 cup almond milk with 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, and 1/2 frozen banana.

Dinner: Broccoli, Tilapia (the Tortilla Lime Chipotle Crusted kind from Costco--so fast, good, and easy), and brown rice.

That was 4, 3, 2,2, 2. I strive for 4, 3, 2, 2, 1!
(that means..4 proteins, 3 veggies, 2 fruits, 2 whole grains, 1 fat)

That was a great day! So, let me explain what my goal is. I am not having any sugar until I reach my goal weight, and even then, I'm not so sure I'll want it. I'm doing great without it. Haven't had any since December 27th. (which I would like to take a moment of glory...allow me...weighed in with my Personal Trainer on Wed. morning....and....I LOST a pound over Christmas and New Years...so excited!) I'm talking no refined sugar, nothing processed...so basically eating clean, real, whole foods. I am allowing myself to eat extra dark chocolate chips, which have 6 grams of sugar per serving, but they actually are a good fat, so YAY! (oh, and I love them).
I am still eating two cheat meals on the weekend, but they do not include cake, ice cream, red velvet cake balls, brownies, PB rice krispie treats...you get the picture...they are more for creamy soups, nachos, meals that are higher in fat, meals with lots of cheese, or for eating out.
I am DETERMINED to reach my goal. I feel great, and that's what matters, cause this year is about me, remember????!!!!

Also, I'd like to post my workout schedule for my own sake. I've had the same schedule since I got my personal trainer last summer, but I need to add a couple things.

My Weekly Workout Schedule

Mon ****AM/PM 20 min run on treadmill, or Hot Yoga
Tues PM 1 hr Boot Camp with Trainer-cardio & weights
Wed AM 1 hr Trainer Session (basically an all out BUTT WHOOPIN)
Thurs
Fri ****AM 1 hr Spin class
Sat AM 1 hr PUMP with Trainer- cardio & weights

The ones with **** means I'm going to work at fitting them in. It takes a while to get them set in your weekly routine. The other 3 are set in stone, I'm really good at going unless its a Holiday or I'm out of town. My trainer is starting a new Hot Yoga class that I can't wait to try. And, I love variety. I have never EVER done the same workout with my trainer......in all 3 classes I go to every week with her...NEVER had one the same. LOVE THAT. I use to go to her Spin class Monday nights. It is by far my favorite thing EVER, but can't go because of daughter's dance and gymnastics. Oh well, maybe in the fall!

I love working out. I love being sore. It relieves so much stress for me.

Can't wait for the weather to start getting warmer so I can run/walk outside, and go on bike rides. Only a few more weeks for us Southeners!!

I love 2011!

Jamie

2 comments:

laura said...

I like when you post your daily menu Jamie. And that's a great workout routine! I love hot yoga, so I hope you get to try it.

Now, I know you're not having any, but for the rest of our sake's....let's talk about those "red velvet cake balls"....:)

xoxo

Brittney said...

LOVE THIS POST! You are superwoman! You have made incredible, huge changes in your life. I think that is amazing.