Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Food Journal 12/14

This is what I ate on December 14th. Let me preface with some important information. Last week I was on vacation visiting family. There were parties and get-togethers with family and friends....so it was a very "dirty" week! I have been eating as if I'm weaning myself off of sugar/chocolate. Can't wait for after Christmas to go into major detox!!

Breakfast: Scrambled egg whites with salsa

Snack: Carrot sticks, 10 almonds, and 15 chocolate chips (there's the weaning part....)

Lunch: Grilled Chicken breast & pear

Snack:

Dinner: Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Meatballs and homemade Spaghetti Sauce

That is 3 proteins, 3 veggies, 1 grain, 1 fat, and SUGAR. I normally strive for 4, 3, 2, 2, 1 and no sugar Monday thru Friday. And I really did not eat enough. (Getting ready for a surprise trip to DISNEYLAND....keepin me busy!)

I'm reading some really great books, so I'm excited to share more info after this holiday schedule doesn't keep me AS busy!! And guess what, I have the answer to life's most COMPLICATED question.............what should we human beings eat? Here's the simple answer that I will explain in a much more detail down the road: Eat FOOD. (not food-like substanses). Not too much. And mostly plants. (From the book, In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan) Is it really that simple. YES & NO. It's that simple, but our modern current life makes it really hard!


Use code: CHERRY for a 20% discount at Dave's Direct. Did you know the chicken you buy from the grocery store sits in a chlorine bath.....SICK. Oh yeah, and before it's killed, you would cry how they treat the chickens. Thankfully, Dave's Direct rescued us (and the chickens...sort of) and is now offering products that are treated humanely (until death do us part), and there is no hormones, no antibiotics, no chlorine baths....just pure, all natural delicious chicken. **Code does not work for promotional items.

No comments: