Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Challenge

So, the other day I made the most SINFUL dessert ever. WHY? Because I'm starting a 5 week eating-clean challenge and so I thought I'd treat myself to SUGAR before I did so. (You know because I think Sugar is my friend until I date him, and I then realize how much I hate him) This is what I made, but don't click on the link...it's not worth it. Seriously I won't lie, it was delicious. But I did have this thought: Why does my brain think it's so wonderful? When really the only wonderful part is that 5 seconds that my taste buds rejoice....after it's over I'm left with a headache, a sick stomach, and then there's the guilt and regret too. But that goes away in a couple hours and I crave those 5 second bites all over again. So then, here's what gets me. Good, clean food really tastes SOOO good. AND it makes you feel SOOO great. So, why is it harder to eat clean than to eat crappy? Maybe it's just because it's what life is all about. You have to work hard to be able to enjoy. You can't taste the sweet without the bitter. What you put in...you get out. Really think about it. Everything you LOVE in life that's worth it, requires work in some way. That's why I love to eat clean and real, because it's a challenge that makes me feel great. There's only good things that come from eating this way.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

agree with all that. Something I've been thinking about lately is "have I always felt this crappy after eating sugar? I swear I didn't when I was younger because I ate tons of sugar and always had enough energy and health to be super active with sports and such. But now, my body hates sugary stuff."... I do have to say though, that generally cookies and baked goods don't make my body feel terrible unless I overeat. But the processed sugary candies that don't have any flour always make me feel terrible.